This is a comprehensive list of everything I use day to day to do development! I change things somewhat frequently so this will be a living document that updates as my setup changes!
Editor + Terminal
- Terminal - iTerm2, since switching from windows this is my terminal of choice
- zsh-syntax-highlighting plugin for ZSH
- zsh-autosuggestions plugin for ZSH
- Webstorm - primary IDE I use for most things
- VS Code - I use this for editing files that don't belong to a project or quick bits
- VS Code Settings - Stored in a github gist for easy updating!
- Wakatime - Not a desktop app as such buts its integrated into all my editors to track time
- Logitech K780 Keyboard - Great keyboard for dev work adn with being able to pair to 3 laptops at once it makes it easy to switch from work/play
- MX master 2s - So many devs have this and once you have used it, it's easy to see why
- Chair- Secret lab Titan - The comfiest chair I have ever sat on
- Desk - Tresanti Power Adjustable Height White Tech Desk - The best thing I ever purchased for my office!
- Monitor - BenQ 31.5" 4K HDR - 30-32" monitors are essentail for development, the text looks so crisp!
- 16" MacBook Pro 2019
- Anker 7 in 2 mac dongle - Crucial for my dell monitor and headset!
- Old laptop was a 13" Dell XPS before I became an apple convert